Features our unique T3 contruction with maximum cushioning for protection and warmth. The combination of Merino Wool and PrimaLoft®® Yarn results in faster drying and wicking than just Merino Wool while still maintaining a comfortable feel against the skin. Best suited for cold or damp weather hikes where moisture is an issue.
Primaloft® Yarn is made up of ultra-fine polyester fibers which are finer than cashmere, resulting in a luxuriously soft feel while providing unparalleled moisture wicking. When hiking, climbing or doing any aerobic activity, your body works up a sweat and emits heat and perspiration, but when you suddenly sit idle, you can easily start to freeze with an insulation that absorbs water. Primaloft® fibers wick moisture away from the skin and trap body heat.
This is a fantastic sock for hikers looking who need warmth, padding, and dryness.
- Height: 15 Overcalf
- Cushioning: Heavy Full
- Primaloft® Yarn insulation is soft against the foot while working to trap body heat and wick moisture away from the foot
- Merino Wool for warmth and a soft feel against the skin
- 10% Ea. Lycra® all throughout the sock means no slipping or bunching up. These socks will stay up all day long.
- 15 Overcalf height for tall boots
- Heavy cushioning for added protection
- The Flat Knit Toe Seam means no irritation on your toes
- Contents: 50% Primaloft® Eco Polyester Yarn, 25% Merino, 15% Nylon, 10% EA. Lycra®
- Merino wool is a finely crimped and soft wool with staples (fibre lengths) that are commonly 65 100 mm (2.5 4 inches) long and less than 24 microns in diameter. The core of a merino fibre is hydrophilic (water retaining), and is breathable. The fine micron diameter ensures it feels soft and comfortable next to the skin. Merino has the ability to help keep the foot warm in winter and cool in summer.
EARTH FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE:
- PrimaLoft®® Eco polyester yarn features a blend of 30% PrimaLoft®® fibres and 70% PCR materials, providing an environmentally sustainable alternative to yarns made solely from virgin fibre. Used as the next to skin layer in our merino based Lorpen Tri-Layer socks, PrimaLoft®® Eco is soft, non absorbing and very effective at moisture transport.