Infused with over 40 years of experience and pedigree, the Switchback was designed with everything a rider needs to take on single track trails or put in mile after mile on crushed gravel paths – all at an excellent value.
- The Switchback Expert is a ultra comfortable, well-rounded hardtail MTB perfect for newcomers to trail riding. Suggested rider height by size: SM: 5’2” – 5’6”, MD: 5’5” – 5’10”, LG: 5'9" – 6'2.
- Lightweight, stiff Tectonic T1 aluminum frame with replaceable dropout hanger and internal cable routing for clean lines and added protection.
- Shimano Altus 2 x 9 drivetrain with 3-piece Shimano aluminum cranks.
- Xposure 80 mm travel fork with steel steerer lockout.
- 27.5" x 2.1" Kenda tires on aluminum double wall rims with Shimano BR-EF505 hydraulic disc brakes offer superior stopping power on all riding conditions.
INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING
Our internal cable routing system feeds cables through the bike frame keeping them protected from stray branches along the trail and any other bumps or snags the bike could come into contact with along the way. Inserts plug openings in the frame to keep water and debris out while firmly holding cables in place.
T1 TECTONIC ALUMINUM
Tried and true. Our Tectonic T1 6061 aluminum has been put through its paces for years by our pro riders. Lightweight and relentlessly durable, Tectonic T1 aluminum provides a responsive ride, and is ready for any punishment you can throw at it.
- FRAME - Tectonic T1, aluminum, 27.5" sport geometry, internal cable routing, 9 mm x 135 mm dropout, replaceable hanger
- FORK - Xposure, 27.5", steel steerer, lockout, 9 mm x 100 mm, QR, 80 mm travel
- CHAIN - KMC Z9
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano BB-UN100, cartridge, 3-piece, threaded 68 mm shell
- SHIFTERS - Shimano EF505, 2 x 9
- REAR COG - Shimano, 9-speed, 11-36T
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano FD-M2020, band clamp
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Altus RD-M2000
- RIMS - Xposure MD-16, aluminum double wall, 19 mm ID, 32H
- FRONT HUB - Xposure, aluminum, ball bearing, 9 mm x 100 mm, 32H, CENTER LOCK
- REAR HUB - Xposure, aluminum, ball bearing, 9 mm x 135 mm, 32H, CENTER LOCK
- SPOKES - 14G, stainless steel
- TIRES - Kenda MTB, 27.5 in x 2.1 in, wire bead
- PEDALS - Mongoose, nylon
- BRAKES - Shimano BR-EF505, hydraulic, aluminum, 160 mm rotor
- HANDLEBAR - Xposure, double-butted aluminum, 700 mm width, 25 mm rise, 31.8 mm clamp
- STEM - Xposure diecast, threadless, 70 mm/90 mm, 7°, 31.8 mm clamp
- HEADSET - Threadless, ZS44/ZS44, retainer bearing
- SEAT POST - Xposure, aluminum, 350 mm, 20 mm offset, 31.6 mm
- SADDLE - Mongoose MTB comfort, steel rails
- GRIPS - Xposure semi-ergo, Kraton
GEOMETRY & SIZING