The Rapace GTX is a lightweight mountaineering boot that teams a hard-wearing nubuck and fabric upper with waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® protection.
Secure grip meets comfort and support – SALEWA’s solution for via ferratas mountaineering. The Rapace GTX features our 3F System for ankle support, flexibility and a perfect fit, and an improved rear ankle mobility thanks to the patented Flex Collar. Its Vibram WTC outsole has an aggressive tread pattern that gives good traction, yet provides a natural feel and secure grip on rock, and it's coupled with the Bilight TPU midsole providing a long-lasting cushion compared to the traditional sole packs.
Inside the boot, SALEWA’s Bilight technology in the midsole ensures an ergonomic hold and long-lasting cushioning for extended comfort. The Rapace GTX is also stiff enough for use with semi-automatic crampons. In addition, the GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort lining delivers optimized climate comfort should the weather close in on you and there’s a full rubber rand for protection against rock and scree.
- 3F System
- Climbing Lacing
- MFF+ Footbed
- Cleansport NXT ®
- Flex Collar
- Drop: 15mm (Heel Stack Height 31mm / Toe Stack Height 16mm)
- Fit: Wide
- Gender: Male
- Shoelaces: Mountaineering Shoelace ( 6-10,5 UK->195 cm, 11-13 UK->205 cm)
- Sole segment: Mountaineering - Crampon compatible
- Weight: 740 g
- CSR: Fair Wear Foundation
- Insole: Stiff: Nylon + 27% Fiberglass / Bilight Midsole / Crampon Compatible
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort
- MIDSOLE: TPU
- Outsole: Vibram® WTC
- Upper: 360° full rubber rand / 1.8mm Nubuk / Highly wear-resistant fabric