The Rapace GTX is a lightweight mountaineering boot that teams a hard-wearing nubuck and fabric upper with waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® protection.
Secure grip meets comfort and support – SALEWA’s solution for via ferratas mountaineering. The Rapace GTX features our 3F System for ankle support, flexibility and a perfect fit, and an improved rear ankle mobility thanks to the patented Flex Collar. Its Vibram WTC outsole has an aggressive tread pattern that gives good traction, yet provides a natural feel and secure grip on rock, and it's coupled with the Bilight TPU midsole providing a long-lasting cushion compared to the traditional sole packs.
Inside the boot, SALEWA’s Bilight technology in the midsole ensures an ergonomic hold and long-lasting cushioning for extended comfort. The Rapace GTX is also stiff enough for use with semi-automatic crampons. In addition, the GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort lining delivers optimized climate comfort should the weather close in on you and there’s a full rubber rand for protection against rock and scree.
- 3F System
- MFF Footbed
- Climbing Lacing
- Cleansport NXT ®
- Drop: 16 mm (Heel Stack Height 32,5 mm / Toe Stack Height 16,5 mm)
- Fit: Standard
- Gender: Male
- Shoelaces: Mountaineering Shoelace ( 6-10,5 UK->175 cm)
- Sole segment: Trekking & Hiking
- Weight: 540 g
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort
- MIDSOLE: EVA
- Outsole: Vibram® Hike Approach
- Upper: 1.6–1.8mm Suede / PU coated leather rand / Stretch fabric
- Awards: OUTDOOR TEST WINNER