When you travel far and pack light, the Sojourn™ 80L/28” is the pack for the job. Already a great roller, the stowaway AG inspired backpack suspension expands your trips horizons. Rolling luggage is great, but sometimes the terrain is too rough and you need a backpack. The Sojourn’s quick deploy AG inspired ventilated backpack suspension allows this and it carries more comfortably than some competitors backpacking packs. The system is adjustable for multiple torso sizes and is removable when you need more space. In rolling mode the dual-tube extended handle controls unwieldy loads when the going gets rough, and multiple padded and molded handles make it easy to maneuver this pack out of taxis or tuk-tuks. Extra gear can be strapped to the external daisy chains, or add on our Daylite® pack to added flexibility and storage. A top zippered liquids pocket, padded sidewalls, internal compression straps, fabric wings, and four zippered compartments keep your gear organized and protected. When the pack isn’t fully loaded, use the StraightJacket compression straps to cinch it down.
TECHNICAL PACK SUSPENSION
Taking hints from our award-winning AG suspension, we’ve created the best carrying convertible travel bag in the world. Padded air mesh in the hipbelt and a tensioned mesh lumbar area distribute heavy loads and the ventilated tensioned mesh backpanel keeps you dry in hot climates. Quick deploying with torso adjustment, it’s removable when you need extra space for gear.
Extra wide 14 in / 35 cm chassis stabilizes large loads and the extra-large 4.25in/11cm wheels keep you rolling on the roughest of surfaces. The retractable ErgoGrip handle provides a comfortable grip when toting loads and injection molded base and lightweight 6061 aluminum frame add strength and
- Deployable Backpack Suspension - Long haul capable deployable harness, hipbelt and backpanel for ultimate carry comfort
- Removable Suspension - Backpanel suspension components are removable for increased packing capacity
- Panel Access - Large panel zip opening with lockable sliders provides easy access to main compartment
- Extended Handle - Dual tube extended handle for control of large loads on rough surfaces
- Internal Compression Straps - Internal compression straps with fabric wings hold clothes securely
- Internal Zippered Pockets - Four zippered pockets in main compartment keep gear organized
- Aluminum peripheral frame and center handle stays
PADDED FABRIC BACKPANEL
- Padded nylon backpanel and lumbar
STOWAWAY PADDED HARNESS
- Padded harness with fabric upper and air mesh contact surfaces
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
|O/S||4882 IN3 / 80 L||28H X 14W X 14D IN.||9 LBS.|
- 420D Nylon Shadow Box
- 1680D Ballistic Nylon
- 1680D Ballistic Nylon
Many Osprey packs are available in multiple sizes to fit a range of torso lengths. To determine your torso measurement, please see diagram below.
This measurement starts at the iliac crest, which is the top of your hipbone on the side of your body that acts like a shelf. From this point, measure to the C7 vertebra, the knobby bone at the base of your neck when you put your head down. Reference the torso length below to match the correct pack size.
Osprey Xenith, Xena, Aether, Ariel, Atmos and Aura packs offer interchangeable shoulder harnesses. Harness sizing usually corresponds to pack size. A properly fit harness should terminate 2" to 3" beneath the armpit when at the proper torso length. The webbing should not touch the side of the body below the padding.