Kayaking Tips & Essentials for Newbie
Pushing off the shore, hitting the nearby bay, or heading to a secluded island on a kayak in Dubai is the best way to accomplish the desire of an idyllic and adventurous retreat. Kayaking adventures take you amidst the beautiful waters of Dubai and add a memorable adventurous experience to your bucket list.
We might find it very easy to prepare and pack for a solo kayaking trip. However, contrary to this, preparing and planning for a solo kayaking trip and that too for the first time may get overwhelming. Taking the heap off your shoulders, we have penned down each and every necessary kayaking essentials that is a must if you are a newbie to the world of kayaking.
Jotting the handy items that fulfill all requirements of distant/overnight jaunts of this on-water venture, here is an overview checklist of kayaking essentials and some quick tips imperative for your kayaking getaway.
Gear up and get on reading!
An obvious essential of a kayaking checklist! However, the type of kayak you purchase requires your anticipation skills to analyze the challenges you may encounter along your route. Your decision depends on a set of questions like:
- Are you going to face long stretches of open water in adverse conditions, or is it smooth sailing?
- Are you going to stay overnight or paddle back?
- What are the weather and sea conditions?
In any case, think wisely about all your options that include your's and your kayak's skills.
For a better purchase, go through this detailed article covering all the things you must keep in mind while buying a kayak.
Here's a list of some top kayaks that you can pick:
- HOBIE Kayak Mirage Outback 2021
- HOBIE Kayak Mirage Pro Angler 12 360 2021
- HOBIE Mirage Compass 12" 2021 Kayak
- EASTMAN Jalboot 6C
- HOBIE Mirage Revolution 16 Kayak
The next important kayaking essentials are the sequence of layers that shelter your body and known as kayaking gear or clothes.
Depending on the weather conditions, season, physical exertion, terrain, and body metabolism, you pick your kayaking gear as you will wear it throughout your kayaking venture.
Make sure you choose the right clothes that are comfortable and provide protection against the respective weather conditions.
Here's a rundown through essentials that should be part of your kayaking gear:
The right footwear is highly imperative for making or breaking your outdoor experience, even in the case you're sitting on your butt - all day. Kayakers can opt-out for footwear that works both in and out of the water. They should offer flexibility, comfort, and durability.
Other factors to check while buying proper fit kayaking footwear include ample toe room, ankle support, heel holding form, a reliable lacing system, and an adequate tread.
Footwears by Aqurun are known for adhering to all these features and becoming a foremost choice of kayakers. They are highly lightweight offering comfort, quick dry and incredible elasticity.
Health and hydration supplements
Kayaking or any travel venture can only be pursued enjoyably if one is fully healthy, and for that, you need to be careful what knick-knacks you are munching. Having a complete backup of hydration and health supplements is a mandatory kayaking essential.
It is a critical kayaking discipline to stay hydrated and tummy-full for not putting your health at the stake of deterioration. Make sure you have your hydration, packs, water filters, water bottles, and a cooler freezer.
Here's a crisp list of all health supplements that you can swear by to have a healthy kayaking journey:
- GU Hydration Tab
- GU Energy Gel
- WOW HYDRATE Sugar-Free Electrolyte
- GOLD NUTRITION Endurance Salt Bar
- GOLD NUTRITION Low Sugar Cereal Bar
When you plan on longer kayaking getaways, you not only kayak you camp as well. Therefore, you must be familiar that the camping checklist includes cookware sets as well.
So, you must swear by a world-class camping cookware set that includes everything and anything you require but not at the cost of burdening your kayaking backpack. Prefer small and lightweight cooking sets.
The list of cooking sets includes
- Multi-purpose pot/pan
- Combo kits of plates and bowls
- Note: Remember to carry your salt, pepper, and other spices and herbs that you enjoy.
- Camp stove
Kayaking in Dubai takes you to places unfamiliar and unknown, which can be challenging and problematic. Thus, don't skip packing the right navigation tools in your backpack. You must have a backup of comprehensive guides like a map and trackers.
Choose the best navigation tools so that don't even when you forget direction, you are not stranded amidst the waters.
Here’s a quick rundown through the best navigation tools that you can carry with you on your kayaking venture:
Other kayaking essentials
Here's a quick list of all the kayaking items that are often skipped thinking that they are less important; however, this might not be true for a beginner. These kayaking essentials turn to be the shining armor in case you have to face some unplanned encounters.
So, don't skip on packing these kayaking essentials:
- First aid kit: must include medications, ointments, and emergency kit
- Emergency radio incorporated with signaling, weather, location, communication features
- Emergency survival pack that must include a compass, whistle, fire starter, knife
- Fishing gear and snorkeling equipment
- Books and other personal luxuries
Now that you know all the ins and outs of the kayaking checklist figure out your personal needs and pleasures and make your checklist accordingly. Customize your kayak experience the way you want by picking and choosing among these and other options.
Here are even some quick kayaking tips that will help you make the most of your kayaking adventure:
- For first-time kayakers, choosing a small and calm waterbody with little or no kayak traffic would be an ideal and safe choice.
- Carry bright-colored clothing or tarps for making good emergency signals.
- Start your kayaking journey from a gently sloping sandy beach because steep and rocky shorelines can be highly challenging.
- Gauging weather conditions is very important, and heading on a sunny, windless day will keep you away from any uncertainties.
- Don't take a kayak too far because it is your first time. Keep it short, like for 2 hours, and then take a break.
- Make sure you carry your waterproof kayaking gear to keep your foot/hand/head protected against wet or cold.
- Frozen bottles can function as ice and when melted, sip away!
Kayak with Adventure HQ
We are the all-in-one platform that offers everything a beginner or professional kayaker would hunt for, be it kayaking essentials or kayak service, or kayaks in Dubai. We have everything. The more you extend yourself, the more we offer; in style and comfort.
For years, we have been known for our kayaking services in Dubai because we are reliable and trustworthy. We always do what we are best at, providing exceptional customer service and adventure products around the globe.
Every time we push ourselves an inch more to provide you more in a better and enhanced way. For kayak services in Dubai, we are your true partners.
Be Safe, Have fun out there!